Thursday, May 11, 2017

Fun and Cheap Kid's Craft Idea for Summer: Straw Building

Next up for Funner in the Summer–  Kimbo from A Girl and a Glue Gun.  One thing you should know about Kimbo is that she will make you laugh, hard. And she comes up with ideas like decorating her room at SNAP with 80’s pictures of bloggers (yep – I joined in on that!).  I’m excited to have her her to share another idea. We love fun kids crafts around here.  Especially if they are inexpensive.  And will keep them busy, active and creating– win/win/win!  Make sure to visit Kimbo for some fun crafts, sewing, DIY and more.  You can expect to see lots of glue gunning too. My little pony coloring pages


Hello everyone! I’m kimbo from a girl and a glue gun. I’m so excited to be here. I love LOVE Summer (even though this summer I feel like we have been gypped cause the weather has been crappy.) But it’s okay. We stay busy doing fun crafts. Like this Straw building…

the best part is that straws are CHEAP!!! and you only need these and a pair of scissors!

before we start I would like to say: i need a manicure. the end. okay on with the how-to.

You just take an end of a straw and pinch it and bend it and then slide it into another straw….(insert joke about legally blonde “bend….and SNAP”)

this technique just makes long straws..to get the shapes you take a straw and bend it in half. Take some scissors and snip the bent part. This leaves you with a little hole in the middle to slide your straw through to help build up your design! Ever free coloring

We had loads of fun. My 6 year old just made a giant straw to suck up water with…

but my 10 and 8 year old just built and built until we ran out of straws!

No comments:

Post a Comment